Friday, March 16

RIP Tim Riste

I was talking to Bill Mize a couple of nights ago and was shocked to learn that Tim Riste died last September 18 at the age of just 38.

I didn't know Tim, but we'd exchanged a few messages on Facebook: my connection with him was through Bill. Tim built all of Bill's chopper engines at his shop Colfax Engine Company, and for me it says it all that Bill would travel to Wisconsin from Iowa to hang out with Tim for 10 days every time he needed a Panhead or Knucklehead putting together.

Bill says "He was a great friend and a huge talent. I will always miss him."

2 comments:

Help said...

really a bad deal...

Kevin "TEACH" Baas said...

Sad indeed. I was lucky enough to call Tim a friend and rode to Milwaukee for the Knucklehead reunion with Bill and Tim. Great man, will be missed greatly!