Wednesday, May 2

"Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark."

"You know what you're doing, but no one else does."

Steuart Henderson Britt was one of many writers about consumer psychology whose books we were encouraged to read when I worked in advertising agencies. But I like this quote attributed to him, because it's true.

I have relied on advertisers pretty much all my life... from when they paid me for writing their ads, to now, when they pay me for running their ads.

And frankly, GKM would not exist without a small group of loyal advertisers... all of whom offer products or services I have either tried personally or can recommend honestly.

It's always an anxious time when I get in touch with my advertisers to see if they want to renew their advertising with me for another year; times are tough everywhere and as my marketing budget has felt more and more pressure, so has theirs. So it's always a relief and a joy when they agree to sticking with GKM for another six issues. Even better when they say they love the mag... which they often do.

So here's my glory list of those good guys who appear in our pages issue after issue, without whom, etc. Please check 'em out, if you haven't already.

BILTWELL INC.
LOWBROW CUSTOMS
LICK'S CUSTOM CYCLES
ROB'S USED HARLEY PARTS
KICKSTART CYCLE SUPPLY
THE FACTORY METALWORKS
W&W
CHOPPED TRIUMPHS

2 comments:

Wayne@Kustom Ink said...

Guy, I think you underestimate the the ease with which your advertisers are able to have faith in your product. GKM is a damn good mag so I'd be proud to have my name associated with it as an advertiser....if I had a budget to advertise!

DicE Magazine said...

Love them all. Well said bruv.